Re: Need your input for keymap configuration

>  > # powerpc/apus    amiga       "Model: Amiga"
>  > # powerpc/chrp    i386,mac    "Model: CHRP"
>  > # powerpc/pmac    mac         "Model: PowerMac|[Pp]ower[Bb]ook*|Power|iMac*|PowerMac1*"
>  > # powerpc/prep    i386        "Model: PReP"
>  > # powerpc/{bbox,mbx,ppc64,82xx,8xx} Not yet supported by Debian
>
> Thanks for the update.  But...
>
> * Is there no powerpc atari's ?

no ... or not really, so no

> * What about IBM's ppc-based RS/6000's ?  Are there CHRP's ?

They are prep or chrp.

>  > The debian arch-name is powerpc, the kernel name it 'ppc'.
>  > apus, chrp, pmac, prep  are the Subarchs.
>
> I only use "ppc" as a column-saver here ;)

Thats your choice, but any (external) reference is 'powerpc' as for example
 /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/powerpc-linux (has noting to do with console-*)

>  > I think that usb-keyboard have the same layout as adb-keyboards, its
>  > only a different connector. Same as serial and ps/2.
>
> Is adb the old mac keyboard connector ?

Yes,  _a_pple _d_esktop _b_us

>  > I'ld like it to have a /etc/sysconf/ with the files
>
> What is this directory ?  I do not have it on my system...

Not available, stuff for the next boot-floppy release.

 Regards,

       Hartmut