Re: [RFC] Package build time config for installation directories.

Ben Collins wrote:
> Still, nothing says the FHS will never change, and change is very
> difficult with everything doing their own thing. So my argument is still
> that a central place describing these locations that the packages query,
> is a better thing. This, in addition to my other reasons for this
> proposal.

Your idea is hardly a panacea. Look at two of the FHS changes we have
been dealing with: /usr/doc to /usr/share/doc and /var/lib/games to
/var/games. Even if packages had some trivial way to tell that these
directories had changed, that is not good enough; a fair amount of
code needs to be added to maintainer scripts to make the upgrade
smooth.

--
see shy jo