Re: Custom undocumented(7)s are just as bad.

On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 10:54:04AM -0800, Seth R Arnold wrote:
> Perhaps what we should be after, is having maintainers that know their
> packages well enough to track down user's questions in a reasonable amount
> of time. Isn't that what we are really after? Who cares if the maintainer
> knew the answer before or after the question was asked, as long as the
> answer comes back in a reasonable amount of time?

You've changed the words around, but you're not saying anything that I
didn't; I obviously don't expect people to know all the answers without
having to look them up. But I think that many users would like to know
what they just installed--making manpages mandatory just gets that
question answered ahead of time.

Mike Stone