Re: Custom undocumented(7)s are just as bad.

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 at 14:57, Michael Stone wrote about "Re: Custom...":

> having to look them up. But I think that many users would like to know
> what they just installed--making manpages mandatory just gets that
> question answered ahead of time.

I think the user should know what they installed AHEAD of time and that's
why the package descriptions are so important. Many of them are truly
useless and assume some prior knowledge.

Nonetheless, making manpages mandatory, and many times, at the expense of
bug fixes or updates, might not be wise. OTOH, policy is also mandatory
(except when it states otherwise).

I say stick it in policy. If a package doesn't conform to policy, then
that's what the BTS is for, among other things.

--
Brock Rozen                                              brozen@torah.org