Re: Custom undocumented(7)s are just as bad.

    Manoj> a) If the maintainer does not know what every binary in the common
    Manoj> PATH is doing, he should give the package to someone who is
    Manoj> willing to spend the time to learn the package.
    Manoj> b) If the binary is an internal binary, it should not be in PATH,
    Manoj> but in /usr/lib/<pkg>

I disagree. Take Heimdal for instance. It is a very complicated
package (at least by my standards), has numerous libraries and
clients. Most of the binaries are obvious, eg telnet, ftp, and even
come with man pages. However, some don't, eg, des, verify_krb5_conf,
string2key.

Apart from verify_krb5_conf (which I think the name makes obvious what
it does), I do not have time to investigate what each program does.
Nor do I have the time to write man pages for it (however, I am always
willing to accept patches ;-) ). I think there are more important bugs
in Heimdal (it still under active development) then fixing man pages.

However, I agree that it is a bug, and should be fixed 'work load
permitting'.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>