Re: policy summary

Chris Waters writes:

 > We have a *serious* problem here, IMO, and, while this proposal may
 > not be the best solution, we *need* a solution.  I'd like to hear some
 > alternative proposals if this one is to be discarded.

 > (cc'd to the most recent objectors in the probably vain hope that
 > they'll be able to put their ideas where their mouth is....)

Which meant I got it twice, given I'm on -policy anyway....

I'm not sure I agree with your argument that undocumented(7) is a
disincentive to write a proper manpage, but that would just be
argument by repeated assertion, so I won't go there.

I still maintain that undocumented(7) serves a useful function (as my
objection said), but perhaps it should be reworded somewhat; maybe we
should encourage people to check the BTS and submit a bug report, or
simply "do submit this as a bug if there isn't an appropriate one
open", since it seems that there often isn't the bug open that
undocumented(7) currently says there is.

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."