Re: More FHS discussion (Was: Uploaded debhelper 2.0.09 (source all) to master)

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 11:30:55AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> I'm sorry Joseph, but you're trying to throw years of tradition out the
> window, and I just can't stand for it.

Maybe it's because I've only been around since bo and even then I upgraded
to hamm within 48 hours of installing bo, but this tradition seems
completely unattainable to me.  We haven't managed to do it since before
hamm (didn't work for slin either) and I just don't see it as possible.

As it is, glibc2.1 and perl will make a slink to partial potato upgrade
essentially impossible.  This is 3 for 3 that I've seen which a partial
upgrade will break something.

The only tradition I'm trying to throw out the window is saying we're
going to try to deliver something our track record has shown we can't.

<hop> kb: I demand integrity and honesty in those who i do business with
<hop> i know my demands are unreasonable, but a guy can dream, can't he?