Re: Can packaging be based on upstream git tags without CPAN tarballs?

Hello,

On Mon 24 Feb 2020 at 04:31PM +01, gregor herrmann wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:50:26 +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:
>
>> https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/howto/git-tag-based-packaging.html
>
> Out of curiosity:
> - Does uupdate in d/watch make any sense in a workflow without
>   imported tarballs?

I don't know -- I only add d/watch to my packages based on upstream tags
so that I can get notified when there is a new upstream release, not to
actually import that release.

> - Is debian/tests/control needed or would our default "Testsuite:
> autopkgtest-pkg-perl" work as well?

I think I tested this and it doesn't work because it assumes META.yml
exists.

--
Sean Whitton