Re: Can packaging be based on upstream git tags without CPAN tarballs?

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 13:12:57 -0700, Sean Whitton wrote:

> On Mon 24 Feb 2020 at 04:31PM +01, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > Out of curiosity:
> > - Does uupdate in d/watch make any sense in a workflow without
> >   imported tarballs?
> I don't know -- I only add d/watch to my packages based on upstream tags
> so that I can get notified when there is a new upstream release, not to
> actually import that release.

Right, that was my assumption.
So the " debian uupdate" can be removed; in the best case it's
useless, in the worst case (uscan without --report) it creates a
mess.

> > - Is debian/tests/control needed or would our default "Testsuite:
> > autopkgtest-pkg-perl" work as well?
> I think I tested this and it doesn't work because it assumes META.yml
> exists.

I think use.t would need a debian/tests/pkg-perl/use-name file, smoke
and syntax.t should just work.

/me looks at libapi-gitforge-perl and libgit-annex-perl

Ok, both now have an autopkgtest branch :)

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Eric Clapton: Knockin' On Heaven's Door