Re: libtime-modules-perl

On 28/05/14 15:44, gregor herrmann wrote:

>>> Yes, exactly.
>> Apologies if there was some confusion... that was probably down to my
>> wording!
>
> No worries, we others also added our share to the confusion :)
>
> I see that you've changed the package in git already. Two questions
> after a very quick view at it:
> - Should we rename also the git repo? I tend to "yes", since it the
>   moment the (repo and therefore the) local directory is called after
>   the old package name, which means I'll never find it again :)
>   and `dpt co libtime-parsedate-perl' also doesn't work.

I had indeed wondered the same thing! What would be the process for
renaming the git repo.. Is it a rename of do we create a new repo with
dpt alioth-repo?

> - For the dummy package you added
>   Depends: libtime-parsedate-perl (= ${binary:Version})
>   I think a plain "Depends: libtime-parsedate-perl" would be enough,
>   after all we only want to pull in the new package.
>   But I might miss something here; in this case we also should
>   revisit other dummy packages.

That's fine... I was just using what I'd seen done in other packages.

>> But you've all confirmed what I thought would be the correct approach :)
>
> Heh :)

Also once uploaded I guess we need to file bugs/update the following
packages which rdepend on libtime-modules-perl

  request-tracker4
  mon
  lire
  libschedule-cron-perl