Re: libtime-modules-perl

On Wed, 28 May 2014 09:55:13 +0100, Daniel Lintott wrote:

> >> My preference ist to
> >> - take the existing packaging but
> >> - rename the source package (and produce a new binary and make
> >>   the old one a transitional dummy package), else someone (at least
> >>   me :)) will be confused in the future
> > Yes, exactly.
> Apologies if there was some confusion... that was probably down to my
> wording!

No worries, we others also added our share to the confusion :)

I see that you've changed the package in git already. Two questions
after a very quick view at it:
- Should we rename also the git repo? I tend to "yes", since it the
  moment the (repo and therefore the) local directory is called after
  the old package name, which means I'll never find it again :)
  and `dpt co libtime-parsedate-perl' also doesn't work.
- For the dummy package you added
  Depends: libtime-parsedate-perl (= ${binary:Version})
  I think a plain "Depends: libtime-parsedate-perl" would be enough,
  after all we only want to pull in the new package.
  But I might miss something here; in this case we also should
  revisit other dummy packages.

> But you've all confirmed what I thought would be the correct approach :)

Heh :)

   `-   NP: Ben Weaver: Vapor