Re: libtime-modules-perl

-=| Axel Beckert, 27.05.2014 23:07:03 +0200 |=-
> Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> > > I can see two options for updating the package:
> > >   a) Keep the same in Debian (doesn't seem user friendly)
> > >   b) We start again by packaging the new upstream version and providing
> > > a transitional package which depends on the new package.
> >
> > certainly b).
>
> Seconded.
>
> > Or perhaps a light version of it, where only the source/binary
> > package is renamed and a dummy transitional binary package named
> > libtime-modules-perl is kept until Jessie is released.
>
> I don't see the difference to b). :-)

Perhaps I just misunderstood the original proposal as:

 * start src:libtime-parsedate-perl all anew producing a new binary
   package with the same name
 * keep src:libtime-modules-perl, but only produce a hollow
   libtime-modules-perl binary package, depending on
   libtime-parsedate-perl

Again, perhaps this is not what Daniel meant, so sorry for the
confusion.