Re: Author tests and IPC::System::Simple

G'day Gregor and Debian Perl
(especially anyone running 5.10 on Debian/Linux),

I've applied a patch to IPC::System::Simple which *should* detect the $? bug
in Perl 5.10 and use a work-around where needed[1].  Unfortunately, I don't
have a Linux machine with 5.10 handy for me to test it on.

If it's convenient[2], is there any chance you can test my dev version at:

	http://github.com/pfenwick/ipc-system-simple/tarball/master

Or, if you have git:

	git clone git://github.com/pfenwick/ipc-system-simple.git

(or a 'git pull' if you've already cloned the repo.)

You can then use the standard:

	perl Makefile.PL
	TEST_AUTHOR=1 make test

or your preferred way of testing Perl modules.

You'll need to be sure to set TEST_AUTHOR=1 when running the tests.  All the
tests, including the core dump tests, should pass under both 5.8 and 5.10.

Many thanks again for all your help!

	Paul

[1] If you're curious to see the workaround, it's at
    http://tinyurl.com/6ab2ao

[2] If it's not convenient, I'll have access to a wider range of machines
when I get home this weekend, so I can test things myself then.

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf@perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/