Re: ocaml-3.06 3.06-16 ready to be tested ...

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

[...]

> Now, it comes to the case of third parties apps, like the ones remi
> uses, which need the old ocaml runtime, and the the corresponding
> libraries also.

well, the problem I was speaking about is not about running a bytecode
application who need the old ocaml runtime, it's about running a bytecode
application out of the box. Easily, without having to modifying it, or
recompiling it. Our user might find strange that they aren't
successful into running an app compiled for ocaml 3.06 when ocaml 3.06
has been installed.
But as you say, one can't know if it is compile to use
/usr/local/bin/ocamlrun or /usr/bin/ocamlrun, so it is probably not
such a problem.

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr