Re: ocaml-3.06 3.06-16 ready to be tested ...

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

>> > Yes, that is what we decided previously, you were the one asking about
>> > it. Also, i was thinking about easying the unstable->testing migration.
>>
>> What I described is the same migration scheme as many apps in Debian.
>
> Yes, and with the problems of all debian packages. It means we need to
> have all the libraries and all the ocaml binary packages and ocaml ready
> to enter testing at the same time.

Forget about testing, transitions happen in unstable.
We don't have to work around testing flaws; testing doesn't work;
testing doesn't make a better release.
most of the problems we have today come from testing which should be
deeply reworked.
But not until Towns keeps being conservative and bashes everyone trying to
prove the software he wrote is problematic.
I can't say more.

Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org