Re: ocaml-3.06 3.06-16 ready to be tested ...

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 05:22:16PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Hello everyone ...
>
> At apt-source :
>
> deb http://people.debian.org/~luther/ocaml ./
>
> You can find the new ocaml packages version 3.06-16. After a bit of
> testing from me and you (and upgrade testing) i will upload those to
> debian/unstable. Once they are fully built on all arches (not before the
> gcc-3.2/libc6 sparc bug is solved though), i will upload a ocaml (and
> ocaml-base, ...) package which is empty but depends on the ocaml-3.06-1
> versions. This should solve the build dependencies we were
> experimenting, and allow us to continue enjoying the rather clean
> ocaml-3.06-1 dependencies we are using right now.
>
> It will also further facilitate the migration between one upstream
> version of ocaml and the next, and is the same thing other are doing
> (gcc for example).
>
> A current problem i have is with upgrading, i did not do any trick for
> upgrading from ocaml to ocaml-3.06-1, but since the former provide the
> later, it may cause problem. Maybe i should add a conflict: ocaml (<
> 3.06-16) and also a replace: ocaml.

I have added the conflict and the replace, it upgrades smoothly, so
please, add the above line to your apt-sources, and upgrade to it. It
should go smoothly for everyone. Please provide feedback (on sucess and
on failure) so i can upload it to unstable nextly.