Re: ocaml-3.06 3.06-16 ready to be tested ...

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

[...]

> Well, apparently nobody cares, i uploaded the package yesterday, but it
> need first to be reviewed by the ftp-masters.

well, at least for me, it is the "it's work, so I don't have to tell
him" things.

[...]

> Another issue i just thought about, while responding to a mail on the
> caml-list, is that we should also change the ocamlrun binary so that it
> is named ocamlrun-version, so that multiple version of ocaml-base (with
> their libraries) can be installed at the same time, so it is possible to
> transparently run bytecode executables built with older versions of the
> ocaml packages. One way to achieve this, is that once the migration is
> completed, i would upload a runtime only package of the previous
> version, and the same goes for libraries.

well, for compatibility issue with executable compiled on other
computer, we should use diversion or things like that to have an
ocamlrun executable.

[...]

--
Rémi Vanicat