Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 10:35:36PM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> If this project has the position that it "isn't a big deal" that one has
> to wait half a year *after passing all steps*, I'm really reconsidering my
> application.

Part of the confusion here seems to be that you (and probably others)
believe that when your AM has approved you have passed all steps and
just wait indefinetely.

This is not true, your application will be evaluated by the front desk
and the Debian account managers.  This takes quite some time (depending
on how long the report your AM sent in is, besides others I guess) and
other applications have to go through this phase as well.  As less
people do FD and DAM work than AM work, there is some kind of bottleneck
involved here, also depending on the other work those people are doing
for Debian.  But your application is not just sitting there without any
reason, although you might not be able to actively push it forward at
this point.  But it is not uncommon of either FD or DAM getting back to
the NMs to clarify parts of their application.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer