Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 08:36:54PM +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> It seems that my effort to quickly respond to all questions and tasks is
> quite wasted in the light of the long waiting periods that follow. That's
> demotivating.

Right, that is about as demotivating as rolling up a patch, submitting
it and then seeing it not getting applied for a month.

I am afraid there is no magical solution for this problem in volunteer
communities.  You can reroute workloads of course when things get too
bad, but there will usually people be hurt in the process.

Maybe the best thing that could happen to would be that your sponsors or
other people who know you're doing good work write to the FD or DAM and
advocate you.

Michael

--
Michael Banck