Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006, Thomas Hood wrote:
> What would go a long way toward solving that problem would be to
> place a time limit on NM processes. Say that an application may only
> take one year to process. At the end of the year the application is
> automatically rejected unless the process has been successfully
> completed before then.

In most cases, an applicant who hasn't entered DAMnation within one
year of having an AM assigned either has a busy AM, or should have
been put on hold by the AM. The former probably should be solved by
the AM in question reducing the number of applicants that they are
handling or cloning themselves so they have more free time; the latter
is just a matter of AMs being more agressive in putting people who are
taking a long time to complete the process on hold.

> What would work well in combination with this is the introduction of
> a NM training course. In the course, applicants would be guided
> through the material they need to learn in order to pass NM.
> Currently applicants learn this material during NM, but if the
> course were available then they could (start to) learn it, at their
> own pace, before starting NM. Then there would be no reason why
> applicants couldn't complete all their work within the year.

I think a set of DD continuing education coupled with NM training is a
good idea. Why don't you organize something along those lines and see
if people participate?

Don Armstrong

--
"People selling drug paraphernalia ... are as much a part of drug
trafficking as silencers are a part of criminal homicide."