Re: Non-Session-Manager

On 06-03-2020 19:17, Ross Gammon wrote:
Sorry - I forgot to add. Such a complicated package might not be a good
idea for you first package. There are plenty of other Debian Multimedia
packages that need some love. You could start with an easier one, and
come back to non-* later.

Thanks Ross, but I'm actually only interested in NSM, maybe Non-Daw. It's a bit of a shame that after six years, this application is still not in Debian. No NSM in Debian, makes applications developers wonder whether or why they should NSM support to their applications. Several developers are explicitly mentioning the absence of NSM in Debian as reason to not add NSM support at the moment. One way or the other, it should be in Debian in very near future.

I've asked several times if people want to package it. Nobody wants to do it or are not able to find solutions for the packaging problems, so I guess I've to do it. Any help, like your message Ross, Erich and Jonas is highly appreciated!

Sending a message to the upstream developer is next.

Should I install Debian for packaging, or can I use Ubuntu 18.04?