Re: MIPS64EL port box is ready for use

Hi,

> What we need to consider here is also board price and availability. We
> can buy 2f mini-PCs, relatively cheap and easily. If they satisfy a
> need then they may be (a mid-term/interim) solution to shortage of
> hardware right now. If I find we can source the 3A DDR3 motherboards
> easily them yippee, but right now that is less clear than sourcing the
> 2F mini-PC's.

somewhat related information: just found out that there is (seems to be)
a Loongson 3A based mini-PC:

  http://www.lemote.com/products/computer/fulong/348.html

Price point seems to be RMB 3999, if I understand this shop's page
correctly:

  http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4004-2611770768.2.DQacwZ&id=22206048695

Not sure how stable/usable that hardware would be, tough.  I currently
consider getting one to replace my 2f mini-PC.  It may only come with a
single-core version of the 3A (description says LoongSon2G/3A, not sure
what that means).

cheers,

David
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7  7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F