Re: MIPS64EL port box is ready for use (Was: mips64el port build failed list)

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Graham Whaley <graham.whaley@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29 October 2013 11:50, YunQiang Su <wzssyqa@gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> > Nice. Can I ask which board that is? I have some boards reserved for me
>> > in
>> > Loongson that I am highly likely to purchase, and suspect (but would
>> > like to
>> > confirm) that they are the same board that you are using. I will also
>> > check
>> > on any further availability. If I can I will donate one/some of these
>> > for
>> > Debian as well.
>> I prefer that you don't purchase this model of board: I can even not
>> use the power
>> button of chassis. Maybe that you can purchase a newer model.
>
> Thanks for the heads up - but, which board is it? ;-) Do you have a
> model/reference number so I can check if the ones I am offered are the same
> as the one you have? I have found a few different ones via google. I would
> suspect you have athe 3A-RS780 board:
> http://www.loongson.cn/product_info.php?id=35
>
> rather than the dual-SoC LS3-CCNUMA-DEV board
> http://www.loongson.cn/product_info.php?id=36
>
> but maybe you have something completely different ?

What we are running isn't any of them, and the 2-way server board
looks promising.

>> If  IPMI is available, it will be much better.
>

> IPMI would be lovely, but I'm not sure we can locate a board right now with
> that - so, we may have to fix remote management with a remotely controlled
> power/reset box - I believe they exist (something else I've been looking
> into). If the DSA already use some then I'd be interested to hear which :-)

I don't know if IPMI is available, but there is certain kind of PCI
device that can help with remotely power on/off the machine controlled
by SMS. I'm curious if DSA think IPMI is mandatory for buildd and
porterbox.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu