Re: Empty binary package

On 20-07-13 06:31, T o n g wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 03:11:46 +0000, T o n g wrote:
>>> That part was fully clear to me. And as I said, in my tries it was
>>> always there.
>>
>> So you did the above normal steps as building any binary package but get
>> different result? Or did you do something more than normal?
>
> My bad.
>
> Revisiting my work log, I suddenly realized the "source package" that I
> built from is not the one that I built from the upstream source but my
> already tweaked one.

So, good. By telling us exactly what you did, you already found the
issue yourself. This often happens to me, that is why I want people to
explain extensively what they did.

>> Are you saying changing the line
>>
>>   binary: binary-indep binary-arch
>>
>> into:
>>
>>   binary: binary-indep # binary-arch
>>
>> to remove the second binary build target?
>> [ . . .]

No.

>> If you talked about the
>>
>>   build %:
>> 	  dh $@

Yes, I was talking about this line. The build target was already
present, so now it is double. I am not sure what make is supposed to do
with that situation.

>> line, I put them there because I want to fix the following lintian
>> issues:
>>
>>   W: libpam-ssh-agent-auth source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-
>> target build-arch
>>   W: libpam-ssh-agent-auth source: debian-rules-missing-recommended-
>> target build-indep
>>
>> How else should I fix it then?
>
> So this is the remaining issue for me so far (As you can see I've tried
> to find the answer myself and using the build %:\n\tdh $@ is the "answer"
> that I found).

Good, you tried and are now asking a specific question. I guess your
answer can be the answer, but the way you applied it not the correct
one. My suggestion is to either:
- Convert your full rules file to short dh(1) style (that would be *my*
preference)
- Simple: add the build-arch and build-indep targets yourself. If I am
not mistaken, with this specific rules file, you can just add them,
depend on the build target and do nothing in the target itself.

Paul