Re: Empty binary package

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 21:17:49 +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:

> On 17-07-13 20:30, Tong Sun wrote:
>>

>> Re: Empty binary package
>>

>>> I'm wondering why the binary package built from my source package is
>>> empty.

>>> Using the debian/ directory provided in the upstream tarball? This
>>> case is not interesting or relevant.
>>> Hard to say without seeing your debian/ folder.
>>
>> Right here:
>>
>> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/pamsshagentauth/
pam_ssh_agent_auth/v0.9.5/pam_ssh_agent_auth-0.9.5.tar.bz2

>> Or, you can consult the extracted build info posted in my OP.
>
> What EXACTLY do you do, what do you mean by "and then build the binary
> debian package from this source"? It works for me: I use pbuilder to
> build in a clean environment, but I don't expect that to be different
> from what you are doing.

As said in OP,

- I unpack the upstream tarball and build the binary debian package with
'debuild -us -uc'. the build is good.
- I then build the upstream into *source package* with 'debuild -S -sa',
and then build the binary debian package *from this source package*. The
binary package built this way is however empty.

> And don't forget that you already identified several problems with the
> upstream source. E.g. it misses a source/format file containing "3.0
> (quilt)".

I've fixed all of those but the binary package built from my source
package is empty. Thus I'm reverting to the very beginning, to rule out
that it is caused by my modification.