Re: Empty binary package

On 17-07-13 20:30, Tong Sun wrote:

> Re: Empty binary package
>

>> I'm wondering why the binary package built from my source package is empty.
>>>
>>> Here is what I've discovered so far:
>>>
>>> - If I unpack the upstream tarball and build the binary debian package with 'debuild -us -uc', then the built binary package contains the files I want
>> Using the debian/ directory provided in the upstream tarball? This case is
>> not interesting or relevant.
>>> - If I build the upstream into source debian package with 'debuild -S -sa', and then build the binary debian package from this source package, then the built binary package will be empty.
>> Hard to say without seeing your debian/ folder.
>
> Right here:
>
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/pamsshagentauth/pam_ssh_agent_auth/v0.9.5/pam_ssh_agent_auth-0.9.5.tar.bz2
>
> Or, you can consult the extracted build info posted in my OP.

What EXACTLY do you do, what do you mean by "and then build the binary
debian package from this source"? It works for me: I use pbuilder to
build in a clean environment, but I don't expect that to be different
from what you are doing.

And don't forget that you already identified several problems with the
upstream source. E.g. it misses a source/format file containing "3.0
(quilt)".

Paul