Re: RFS: nautilus-image-manipulator

Le jeudi 14 avril 2011 à 22:27:29 (+0200 CEST), Emilien Klein a écrit :
> Paul Gevers, Julien Valroff,
[...]
> Regarding the automatic patches created, i was able to trace its creation:
> `python setup.py install` automatically rebuilds the i18n files. In
> doing so, it updates the .pot translation template IN the source
> files. This is OK the first time you create the package, no patch is
> added to the debian package. However, if you create the package a
> second time, since the .pot file has been modified with respect to the
> source tarball, the builder tools will create a patch, thinking that
> the change was made on purpose/manually.
>
> In order to address this, I added a command to override_dh_clean that
> extracts the .pot file from the .orig.tar.gz tarball and replaces the
> eventually modified .pot file in the source directory. That way, when
> cleaning the build environment, the .pot file is the same as what was
> shipped in the source tarball.

This is the wrong approach: you cannot rely on the orig tarball being in ../
- also what would happen in case you have various orig tarballs there?

eg. I use pbuilder, hence my tarballs are in ~/debian/tarballs…

Why not simply try and avoid i18n files to be updated or, even easier, make
a copy of the original .pot file and restore it in clean?

Also, your package still doesn't use dh_python2 (while not a *must*, I think
it is the better thing to do).

Cheers,
Julien

--
  .''`.   Julien Valroff ~ <julien@kirya.net> ~ <julien@debian.org>
 : :'  :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor