Re: Hello

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 09:19:37AM +0300, Kyriakos wrote:
> I have available time and because I love using debian I would like to
> contribute in the packaging so updates can come quicker. Is there a mentor
> that can mentor me? I use debian sid with kde but sometimes I use e17 and
> gnome too

Please refer to the following to learn how Debian functions and how you can get
involved.

      * Debian: 17 years of Free Software, "do-ocracy", and democracy
        (http://git.upsilon.cc/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=talks/20110321-taipei.git;a=blob_plain;f=main.pdf;hb=pdf)
        (Introductory slides)

      * How can you help Debian? (http://www.debian.org/intro/help) (official)

      * The Debian GNU/Linux FAQ, Chapter 13 - 'Contributing to the
        Debian Project' (http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-contributing) (semi-official)

      * Debian Wiki, HelpDebian (http://wiki.debian.org/HelpDebian) (supplemental)

      * Debian New Maintainer site (http://nm.debian.org/) (official)

      * Debian Mentors FAQ (http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq) (supplemental)

These are texts in the latest updated version of maint-guide at
 http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide

Osamu