Re: RFS: mosquitto

> If any public symbols disappear from a library, and if there is any
> chance that some other package or a not-insignificant number of users
> were actually using those symbols, you have to change the library's
> SONAME to reflect an ABI change.  If the library exposes internal
> symbols in its public API, you should look into removing them.

Yes, exactly :) Better to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

I've uploaded a new version which adds symbol files for the two
libraries. It also hides internal symbols for libmosquitto. This was
actually quite easy to manually generate with only the relative few
symbols.

As far as I can tell, the only remaining lintian pedantic warning is
no-upstream-changelog for the multiple binaries.

Thanks,

Roger