Re: RFS: mosquitto

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> * URL             : http://mosquitto.org/
>> * License         : BSD
>>  Section         : net
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> libmosquitto0 - MQTT version 3.1 client library
>> libmosquitto0-dev - MQTT version 3.1 client library, development files
>> libmosquittopp0 - MQTT version 3.1 client C++ library
>> libmosquittopp0-dev - MQTT version 3.1 client C++ library, development files
>> mosquitto  - MQTT version 3 compatible message broker
>> mosquitto_pub - Mosquitto command line publish client
>> mosquitto_sub - Mosquitto command line subscribe client
>> python-mosquitto - MQTT version 3.1 client library, python bindings
>>
>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 605319
>>
>> My motivation for maintaining this package is that I'm the upstream
>> author and want to make it easier for people to get access to it. I
>> don't believe it's just a vanity upload! :)
>>
>> I've been packaging mosquitto for a fair while in Ubuntu PPA without
>> any complaints of odd package behaviour, but it's not the simplest of
>> packages and I'm a beginner so I'd certainly appreciate any comments
>> you have, even if they're just stylistic problems.
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mosquitto/mosquitto_0.9-1.dsc
>>
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Roger Light
>>

>> --
>>

> You have one wishlist lintian issue ( try running with -iIE --pedantic )
>
> I: mosquitto source: duplicate-long-description libmosquitto0 libmosquitto0-dev
> N:
> N:    The listed binary packages all share the same extended description. Some
> N:    additional information in the extended description explaining what is in
> N:    each package and how it differs from the other packages is useful,
> N:    particularly for users who aren't familiar with Debian's package naming
> N:    conventions.
> N:
> N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain
> N:
> I: mosquitto source: duplicate-long-description libmosquittopp0
> libmosquittopp0-dev
>
> I'm not sure about the binary packages:
>
> mosquitto_pub
> mosquitto_sub
>
> I don't know if you can have underscores. Might want to change those
> to dashes. Might want to add DEP3 headers to the patches and change
> the Copyright to DEP5 while you're in there as well.
>
> I just tried to do a build and it FTBFS because of the package names.
> Turns out I was right on my guess.
>
> Needs some love :)
>
> -Paul
>
> --
> All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

Sorry, forgot to attach logs, to help you with debugging. Excuse the spam :)

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgcc_s.so.1 could be avoided
if "debian/libmosquittopp0/usr/lib/libmosquittopp.so.0" were not
uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
   dh_installdeb
   dh_gencontrol
dpkg-gencontrol: error: Illegal package name `mosquitto_pub'
dh_gencontrol: dpkg-gencontrol -pmosquitto_pub -ldebian/changelog
-Tdebian/mosquitto_pub.substvars -Pdebian/mosquitto_pub returned exit
code 255
make: *** [binary] Error 9
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
E: Failed autobuilding of package
I: unmounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache filesystem
I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
I: unmounting proc filesystem
I: cleaning the build env
I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//5552 and its subdirectories