Re: RFS: mosquitto
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: RFS: mosquitto
- From: Roger Light <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 00:03:33 +0000
- Message-id: <AANLkTin3DvETPaEaZBxKvi9fkwkk49Vc8cg=MeqEsjVg@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTinQG4dsk6wj2GMZBd=XLSoBxUD7OWdXBM3Ah_tN@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <AANLkTi=A-ACSXb3MGFNAttVEqmx+c_GLTyBM+bKGqw5y@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTinQ-+3zdwYxkxMxbEnyXHFZ8pXUkwnn=YD6rub0@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTi=wvekpHfY43_DB0-mqH3GRVkShB0hOY+64YStG@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTiko2+wri5p_axae_=P+6ir=ZD0yESYkG6J7pZRN@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTinQG4dsk6wj2GMZBd=XLSoBxUD7OWdXBM3Ah_tN@mail.gmail.com>
>>> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgcc_s.so.1 could be avoided
>>> if "debian/libmosquittopp0/usr/lib/libmosquittopp.so.0" were not
>>> uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
>> I don't know how to fix this. Any suggestions?
> You should go through the CFLAGS and check to see where it's linking
> against -lgcc ( IIRC, that could be wrong ).
It's something that g++ is adding itself, it's not anywhere in CFLAGS
or CXXFLAGS. That's why it's a confusing warning. Surely it must be
using symbols, otherwise g++ wouldn't be adding it?
> W: mosquitto: wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog
> I: python-mosquitto: capitalization-error-in-description python Python
> I: libmosquitto0-dev: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
> I: mosquitto: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign
I've fixed all of these.
> W: mosquitto-pub: empty-binary-package
> This is a pretty big issue. Are you not installing things to the .deb?
> Check the .install ( or makefile ) for that target
Stupid mistake not renaming the install files after changing the
names. Fixed for both of them.
The remaining lintian notes are:
> P: libmosquitto0: no-upstream-changelog
I've left this. The lintian tag page suggests a number of ways of
dealing with this for multiple binary packages, one of which is to
include it in the "main" package which is what happens here.
> I: libmosquitto0: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libmosquitto.so.0
> I: libmosquittopp0: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libmosquittopp.so.0
I've also left these for the moment. I don't believe they are as
relevant because this is the first packaged version. Feel free to tell
me I'm wrong :)