Re: RFS: mosquitto

Hi,

>>> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libgcc_s.so.1 could be avoided
>>> if "debian/libmosquittopp0/usr/lib/libmosquittopp.so.0" were not
>>> uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
>>
>> I don't know how to fix this. Any suggestions?
>
> You should go through the CFLAGS and check to see where it's linking
> against -lgcc ( IIRC, that could be wrong ).

It's something that g++ is adding itself, it's not anywhere in CFLAGS
or CXXFLAGS. That's why it's a confusing warning. Surely it must be
using symbols, otherwise g++ wouldn't be adding it?

> W: mosquitto: wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog
> I: python-mosquitto: capitalization-error-in-description python Python
> I: libmosquitto0-dev: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
> I: mosquitto: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign

I've fixed all of these.

> W: mosquitto-pub: empty-binary-package
>
> This is a pretty big issue. Are you not installing things to the .deb?
> Check the .install ( or makefile ) for that target

Stupid mistake not renaming the install files after changing the
names. Fixed for both of them.

The remaining lintian notes are:

> P: libmosquitto0: no-upstream-changelog

I've left this. The lintian tag page suggests a number of ways of
dealing with this for multiple binary packages, one of which is to
include it in the "main" package which is what happens here.

> I: libmosquitto0: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libmosquitto.so.0
> I: libmosquittopp0: no-symbols-control-file usr/lib/libmosquittopp.so.0

I've also left these for the moment. I don't believe they are as
relevant because this is the first packaged version. Feel free to tell
me I'm wrong :)

Cheers,

Roger