Re: RFS: mosquitto

I'm not a Debian Developer, but here's my review:

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Roger Light <roger@atchoo.org> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mosquitto".
>
> * Package name    : mosquitto
>  Version         : 0.9-1
>  Upstream Author : Roger Light <roger@atchoo.org>
> * URL             : http://mosquitto.org/
> * License         : BSD
>  Section         : net
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libmosquitto0 - MQTT version 3.1 client library
> libmosquitto0-dev - MQTT version 3.1 client library, development files
> libmosquittopp0 - MQTT version 3.1 client C++ library
> libmosquittopp0-dev - MQTT version 3.1 client C++ library, development files
> mosquitto  - MQTT version 3 compatible message broker
> mosquitto_pub - Mosquitto command line publish client
> mosquitto_sub - Mosquitto command line subscribe client
> python-mosquitto - MQTT version 3.1 client library, python bindings

> The upload would fix these bugs: 605319
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is that I'm the upstream
> author and want to make it easier for people to get access to it. I
> don't believe it's just a vanity upload! :)
>
> I've been packaging mosquitto for a fair while in Ubuntu PPA without
> any complaints of odd package behaviour, but it's not the simplest of
> packages and I'm a beginner so I'd certainly appreciate any comments
> you have, even if they're just stylistic problems.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mosquitto/mosquitto_0.9-1.dsc

> Thanks,
>
> Roger Light
>

> --

You have one wishlist lintian issue ( try running with -iIE --pedantic )

I: mosquitto source: duplicate-long-description libmosquitto0 libmosquitto0-dev
N:
N:    The listed binary packages all share the same extended description. Some
N:    additional information in the extended description explaining what is in
N:    each package and how it differs from the other packages is useful,
N:    particularly for users who aren't familiar with Debian's package naming
N:    conventions.
N:
N:    Severity: wishlist, Certainty: certain
N:
I: mosquitto source: duplicate-long-description libmosquittopp0
libmosquittopp0-dev

I'm not sure about the binary packages:

mosquitto_pub
mosquitto_sub

I don't know if you can have underscores. Might want to change those
to dashes. Might want to add DEP3 headers to the patches and change
the Copyright to DEP5 while you're in there as well.

I just tried to do a build and it FTBFS because of the package names.
Turns out I was right on my guess.

Needs some love :)

-Paul

--
All programmers are playwrights, and all computers are lousy actors.

#define sizeof(x) rand()
:wq