Re: RFS: clipit

On 2010-11-12 18:32, Cristian Henzel wrote:
>> I responded on a specific point (which concerns me since I'm maintaining
>> dpkg-shlibdeps), I have not looked the rest of the package and I don't
>> intend to do it, sorry.
>>
>> Someone else should be sponsoring it.
>

> Ohh, ok then, I got you wrong.
> Sorry about that. :-)
>
> I'm still figuring out how all of this works (I mean the procedure for
> finding a sponsor)...

You are in the middle of the process; it started when you sent the first
RFS email. :)

Anyhow, I had yet another look at your package; the copyright file does
not Xyhthyx as the copyright holder of a lot of files. Even if he/she
stopped developing on the project and you forked it, the original code
is still (also) copyrighted by Xyhthyx.

Which brings us to another interesting detail; parcellite (the forked
project) has already been packaged for Debian by someone[1]. Have you
talked to the current maintainer of parcellite? Andrew might be
interested in replacing parcellite with clipit as well (with the
upstream retiring).
  You got an perfect opportunity to get a co-maintainer and a sponsor
here. :)

There are a few bugs filed against parcellite; have you checked if
clipit is affected by those? Fixing all of them is not a requirement for
getting the package sponsored - I am just lazily forwarding bugs to
upstream here ^^

Anyhow, once you fix the copyright issue I listed above and get in
contact with Andrew about parcellite and clipit; I think this package is
good to go. :)

> Best regards,
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Henzel Cristian