Re: RFS: kstars-data-extra-tycho2 (third try)

Hi Noel,

[...]

> I'm not interested (at the moment) in how these data are updated or
> maintained, since I want to have a bunch of packages in shape for kstars usage
> in wheezy. After having the packages as intended, I will try to put them in
> consonance with the stardata-common framework (
> https://alioth.debian.org/scm/browser.php?group_id=30498 ).
>
> After that, I could consider using getData, but the Tycho catalog is sort of
> stable, so I do not think it is appropiate.

[...]

Would you mind to elaborate in what respect this is going to be more than your
little pet package? Is kstars that often installed on true multi-user systems
such that a quick hack is warranted?

I find it very unfortunate that you refuse to integrate with existing Debian
work right from the start. Given that your package is unlikely to make it into
Squeeze anyway, IMHO there is no need to hurry. Why not prepare a nicely
integrated package right away, what would you expect to gain from this first
shot if you'll later plan to transition to stardata-common anyway?

Please don't feel offended in any way, but I'm not going to sponsor such a
package. Of course many others might have a very different attitude and will
take it, so just don't count on me.

Best regards,
Michael