Re: RFS: clipit

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Cristian Henzel wrote:
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided
> if "debian/clipit/usr/bin/clipit" were not uselessly linked against it
> (they use none of its symbols).
>
> but this last one is unnecessary, because my program actually uses
> functions from libpthread.so (pthread_exit), so it needs that library...

Hum, libc.so.6 also has that symbol (and dpkg-shlibdeps finds it there
first), that's why dpkg-shlibdeps thinks it's not necessary.

But I hear those symbols on libc6 are weak and thus the one provided by
libpthread are used. Thus this warning is rather bogus apparently. Would
you please file a bug report against dpkg-dev for this?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)