Re: RFS: gip (updated package, adopting, 2nd try)

Hi Hauke,

>> I have corrected the override_dh_auto_install part in the debian/rules
>> file, removing the dh_testdir and dh_prep calls.
>
> Looks good. You could remove the mkdir call by putting 'usr' in
> debian/gip.dirs but that's just a matter of taste.

I have added a debian/gip.dirs file mentioning the usr/ directory. I
find this much cleaner this way. Thank you for the suggestion.

> Okay. Make yourself familiar with quilt then. Nothing worse than a
> developer who doesn't know his tools... and quilt is a bit different to
> dpatch.

I will.

> Good. Two last comments:
> a) You don't mention yourself in debian/copyright. You don't have to,
>   but since you changes quite a lot you might want to add yourself for
>   the files in debian/. Your choice.

As the previous maintainer did a big part of the work, I prefer just
having my name/email in the patches I have added, for further
support/maintenance purposes.

> b) You should use dch (and the other fancy tools from devscripts) for
>   changelog editing. dch automatically updates the timestamp and is
>   eager to keep the format straight. I just noticed by the timestamp
>   being September, 18th. :)

I have updated the timestamp of debian/changelog using `dch -r`,
mentioning the new debian/gip.dirs file.

> So, if you want to change something again, do it now; run 'dch -r' and
> re-upload to mentors. I'll sponsor your upload.

I have just re-uploaded the package on m.d.n [1].

Thank you!

Regards,
 Ignace Mouzannar

[1] The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gip/gip_1.7.0-1-1.dsc