Re: RFS: gip (updated package, adopting, 2nd try)

Hi Ignace,

On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 02:21:01PM +0200, Ignace Mouzannar wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.7.0-1-1
> of my package "gip".
>
> I am adopting this package.

Good to see some adoptions from time to time. :) Do you use gip
regularly or is it just general interest in Gnome packages?

> It builds these binary packages:
> gip        - IP calculator for GNOME desktop environment

True.

> The upload would fix these bugs: 474969, 547045

Well done.

You could however simplify debian/rules by using dh7 features. You
switched to dh7 without the big benefits. What would you say?

Regarding the patches (didn't look at them closely yet): do you prefer
dpatch over quilt or do you just keep what former maintainers used? I'm
asking because quilt could be used more easily if you used dh7 features
(sqeuencing).

Hauke