Re: RFS: gip (updated package, adopting, 2nd try)

Hi Ignace,

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 12:40:31AM +0200, Ignace Mouzannar wrote:
> My aim is to help the Debian project. I will be doing my best to keep
> up with these responsibilities.

:)

> I have corrected the override_dh_auto_install part in the debian/rules
> file, removing the dh_testdir and dh_prep calls.

Looks good. You could remove the mkdir call by putting 'usr' in
debian/gip.dirs but that's just a matter of taste.

> > If you're familiar with dpatch, go with it. There just are two good
> > reasons imho to switch to quilt:
> > a) the new source package format uses natively quilt and making use of
> >   quilt makes it easier to migrate;
> > b) you can avoid declaring target dependencies (patch, unpatch) in
> >   debian/rules as quilt (>= 0.46-7) provides a dh7 sequence addon:
> >
> > %:
> >    dh $@ --with quilt
>
> Thank you for this tip! I have updated the package to use quilt
> instead of dpatch.

Okay. Make yourself familiar with quilt then. Nothing worse than a
developer who doesn't know his tools... and quilt is a bit different to
dpatch.

> I have re-uploaded the package on m.d.n [1].

Good. Two last comments:
a) You don't mention yourself in debian/copyright. You don't have to,
   but since you changes quite a lot you might want to add yourself for
   the files in debian/. Your choice.
b) You should use dch (and the other fancy tools from devscripts) for
   changelog editing. dch automatically updates the timestamp and is
   eager to keep the format straight. I just noticed by the timestamp
   being September, 18th. :)

So, if you want to change something again, do it now; run 'dch -r' and
re-upload to mentors. I'll sponsor your upload.

Hauke