Re: RFS: gip (updated package, adopting, 2nd try)

Hello Hauke,

> Good to see some adoptions from time to time. :) Do you use gip
> regularly or is it just general interest in Gnome packages?

I can't say that I use gip on a daily basis, but I used it a couple of
times. So I decided to take a look at the source package, and I ended
up ITA-ing it.

> You could however simplify debian/rules by using dh7 features. You
> switched to dh7 without the big benefits. What would you say?

I have updated the debian/rules. I would be glad to have your feedback on this.

> Regarding the patches (didn't look at them closely yet): do you prefer
> dpatch over quilt or do you just keep what former maintainers used? I'm
> asking because quilt could be used more easily if you used dh7 features
> (sqeuencing).

I usually use dpatch. But I could update the patches to use quilt instead.

I have uploaded a new version on gip on m.d.n [1].

Thank you in advance,

Regards,
 Ignace Mouzannar

[1] The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
main contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gip/gip_1.7.0-1-1.dsc