Re: RFS: fluid-soundfont -- Fluid (R3) General MIDI SoundFont

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Paul Wise wrote:
>  > On Feb 21, 2008 12:28 AM, Toby Smithe <tsmithe@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>  > > On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>  > > >  What made you choose /usr/share/sounds/sf2 for installing the
>  > > >  soundfont? I notice that freepats uses /usr/share/midi for this.
>  > >
>  > > This is the directory that awesfx, the SoundFont loader for emu10k1
>  > > cards, defaults to.
>  >
>  > Perhaps suggest that package too?
>
>  It makes little sense to suggest awesfx on soundfont packages, but OTOH,
>  asking awesfx to suggest or recommend fluidr3, well, THAT would make a lot
>  of sense :-)
>
>  The same goes to timidity, as long as a timidity config file for fluidr3 is
>  added.

I was thinking of updating timidity to look for config files in a
/etc/timidity/cfg.d directory, then having fluid install a "fluid.cfg"
file into it. Naturally, this would come with a later revision of the
package.