Re: RFS: fluid-soundfont -- Fluid (R3) General MIDI SoundFont

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>  It's no different to other files - if legality is a concern, ftp-masters
>  will reject the package. It is that simple. The only answer to that is
>  to ensure that all possible legal challenges are answered in
>  debian/copyright in advance. Every file, every attribution, every
>  package.

If you check the fluid-soundfont package, you will find it only has
four files outside of the Debian directory. There has to be an
authoritative original source that we trust, and in this case the
original source is at [0]. I'm not sure where the quibble is: each of
the four files is Copyright (C) Frank Wen (and unless this is
disproven by a court, surely remains so), and each file is MIT
licensed.

[0] http://tsmithe.users.ubuntustudio.org/fluid-soundfont_r3.tar.gz