Re: rpath issue on 64 bit architectures

Am Sonntag, den 09.12.2007, 22:33 +0100 schrieb Jan Beyer:
> Leo "costela" Antunes schrieb am 06.12.2007 16:32 Uhr:
> >> I had to do the option for a patch on aclocal.m4 and configure
> >> scripts with dpatch on build-time.
> >>
> >> On aclocal4 and configure the changes are (for each occurrence): -
> >> hardcode_into_libs=yes +  hardcode_into_libs=no
> >>
> >> -hardcode_into_libs=$hardcode_into_libs +hardcode_into_libs=no
[...]
> I can only say, I replaced 30 occurences of the upper and three
> occurences of the lower change in my package's configure script (package
> gwyddion). This patch gets applied correctly and the lines in the
> configure script read correctly hardcode_into_libs=no.
> Still, the linker gets the --rpath /usr/lib option passed and the rpath
> gets built in... :-(
I have to take that back - partly. Actually it is like that, that the
libraries really don't get any rpath any longer. But my main executable
still gets the rpath set - that was what was confusing me last time. So
it works actually... ;-)
But I unfortunately still need chrpath anyway for the main
executable... :-(

Regards,
Jan