Re: rpath issue on 64 bit architectures

Francesco Namuri <francesco@namuri.it> writes:
> Il giorno 04/dic/07, alle ore 01:23, Russ Allbery ha scritto:

>> The problem is that libtool doesn't think that lib64 is on the regular
>> library search path and hence decides that it needs to add rpath, which
>> is broken at several different levels but best avoided by just using
>> lib.

> at this point, the only way is to patch libtool after the creation...
> is it a better solution respect at the use of chrpath?

I guess what I don't understand is that I don't think we're seeing this
with everything in the archive, and lots of other packages also use
libtool.  Are we seeing this behavior everywhere, or is there something
different about your package than others?

It may be that upgrading the version of libtool used by the package to the
current Debian unstable version would fix it, for instance.