Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 10:16:20PM +0200, Christoph Haas wrote:

> That's done already. If m.d.n detects that a package is uploaded (by
> monitoring the debian-devel-changes mailing list) then the
> maintainer/sponsoree gets an email and the package is removed. The only
> exception is when package versions differ - then the maintainer is
> informed but the package is kept.

It would seem logical to also remove the package if the version number
in the archive is higher than the one on mentors (since that will
prevent an upload anyway).  You'd need to check the target distribution
for full coverage but then that's already an issue with only looking at
-devel-changes and hardly a common one anyway.