Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:03:22PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Personally I would prefer to keep m.d.n simple and not having all of
> REVU's "features". I'm giving some comments on the features and how I
> would prefer to be added to m.d.n

The less features the better (to implement). :)

> On 27/07/07, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> > On 7/27/07, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
> Instead of only using dates (not to mention the lack of year) it
> should also display the package version. And I don't think it would be
> very useful to keep all versions (maybe only the comments and purge
> them after some time).

Seconded. The sponsors will need to "diff" the changes anyway. I could
offer to save a "debdiff" perhaps. But if I sponsor packages I get the
previous version (e.g. the one in the Debian archives), "dget -x" the
new version and diff them (kdiff3) to find out what has changed.

> > Automated archiving of uploaded packages (last I checked, there were
> > still some packages on mentors/sponsor-pkglist that have been
> > uploaded) - 2 examples are paris-traceroute and monotone
>
> This depends on the definition of 'archiving'. It would be nice to
> have the package deleted from m.d.n when it is uploaded so maintainers
> are able to choose the package sponsor's status (e.g. when looking for
> a sponsor).

That's done already. If m.d.n detects that a package is uploaded (by
monitoring the debian-devel-changes mailing list) then the
maintainer/sponsoree gets an email and the package is removed. The only
exception is when package versions differ - then the maintainer is
informed but the package is kept.

> > I can view the diff.gz files in my browser
> >
> > Can mark comments as 'advocating an upload'
>
> By the way, is there any way to make sure that the person marking a
> comment as 'advocating an upload' is really a DD (or in REVU's case
> UD, if that's how they call them :-/ )

Two things that make a DD a DD are the PGP/GPG keyring membership and
the @debian.org address. So if DDs hat to sign up at m.d.n they could
get a confirmation email sent to their @debian.org address.

> > Unpacked source trees
>
> I think it is easier to download the package files and check
> everything in the local computer than browsing every single file with
> a web browser. Otherwise I would expect the online file viewer to have
> syntax colouring and that kind of things.

I wouldn't want to hack that together really.

Cheers
 Christoph
--
Peer review means that you can feel better because someone else
missed the problem, too.