Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 05:25:43PM +1000, Paul Wise wrote:
> On 7/27/07, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > There needs to be some way of indicating which packages have been
> > reviewed but which are not ready for upload.
> >
> > Maybe mentors.debian.net could have some kind of wiki (or links to
> > pages on wiki.debian.org) to track the status of such packages - the
> > report could then look up such a page and link to that instead of the
> > RFS.
>
> Perhaps someone could motivate siretart to adapt REVU
> (revu.tauware.de) features to mentors.d.n code and Debian? I seem to
> have seen a video or read somewhere that he intended to do something
> like this.

I'm about to refactor m.d.n anyway (as I do every to years for the sheer
boredom). There are a few planned features like better statistics, a
dicussion forum for each package, better tracking of whether a package
was uploaded etc. But mainly it's important that we allow direct
comments from potential sponsors on the respective package page. Like
with IRC notification to the sponsorees if they are online.

So if anyone could tell me what features REVU has that m.d.n is lacking
then I'll consider adding them in the next release. I'm not active in
Ubuntu so I can't tell how things work there. I just see the commenting
feature and colorful icons there. ;)

Cheers
 Christoph
--
Peer review means that you can feel better because someone else
missed the problem, too.