Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

Personally I would prefer to keep m.d.n simple and not having all of
REVU's "features". I'm giving some comments on the features and how I
would prefer to be added to m.d.n

On 27/07/07, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On 7/27/07, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > So if anyone could tell me what features REVU has that m.d.n is lacking
> > then I'll consider adding them in the next release. I'm not active in
> > Ubuntu so I can't tell how things work there. I just see the commenting
> > feature and colorful icons there. ;)
>
> >From a cursory look at both web pages and the REVU wiki pages;
>
> Uploads are based on date/time of the upload rather than version
> numbers and all of them are kept.

Instead of only using dates (not to mention the lack of year) it
should also display the package version. And I don't think it would be
very useful to keep all versions (maybe only the comments and purge
them after some time).

> Automated archiving of uploaded packages (last I checked, there were
> still some packages on mentors/sponsor-pkglist that have been
> uploaded) - 2 examples are paris-traceroute and monotone

This depends on the definition of 'archiving'. It would be nice to
have the package deleted from m.d.n when it is uploaded so maintainers
are able to choose the package sponsor's status (e.g. when looking for
a sponsor).

> Automated interdiffs between successive uploads (might be nice to
> extend this to the versions in the archive)

As I said above, maybe useful to keep them for some versions and
during a period of time.

> Per-upload commenting

Same as above

> I can view the diff.gz files in my browser
>
> Can mark comments as 'advocating an upload'

By the way, is there any way to make sure that the person marking a
comment as 'advocating an upload' is really a DD (or in REVU's case
UD, if that's how they call them :-/ )

> Unpacked source trees

I think it is easier to download the package files and check
everything in the local computer than browsing every single file with
a web browser. Otherwise I would expect the online file viewer to have
syntax colouring and that kind of things.

> Lintian/linda output
>
> FTBFS checks

What kind of checks does it perform?