Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 06:49:33 +0530
Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 03:04:31PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> > I've made some changes to your script in order to improve it's
> > results. The modified script can be downloaded from here:
> > http://files.myopera.com/atomo64/files/mentors_comp.py
> > and the results generated by the modified script:
> > http://files.myopera.com/atomo64/files/output.test.html
>
> Very nice!

There needs to be some way of indicating which packages have been
reviewed but which are not ready for upload. e.g. homebank has been
reviewed but is waiting for upstream changes before it will be accepted
into Debian. This is a difficult problem because although the initial
messages were on debian-mentors, subsequent emails and the rejection
methods were not.

Maybe mentors.debian.net could have some kind of wiki (or links to
pages on wiki.debian.org) to track the status of such packages - the
report could then look up such a page and link to that instead of the
RFS.

It isn't sufficient to use the debian-mentors archive alone - in the
case of homebank, the various messages are spread over more than two
months of archives and the thread gets lost.

--

Neil Williams