Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

On 27/07/07, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 03:03:22PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> > Personally I would prefer to keep m.d.n simple and not having all of
> > REVU's "features". I'm giving some comments on the features and how I
> > would prefer to be added to m.d.n
>
> The less features the better (to implement). :)

Well, those are only comments. m.d.n is fine the way it is, but if
people want some of those features I hope my comments are taken in
consideration ;-)

> > On 27/07/07, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> > > On 7/27/07, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
> > Instead of only using dates (not to mention the lack of year) it
> > should also display the package version. And I don't think it would be
> > very useful to keep all versions (maybe only the comments and purge
> > them after some time).
>
> Seconded. The sponsors will need to "diff" the changes anyway. I could
> offer to save a "debdiff" perhaps.

That's exactly what I was thinking about.

> But if I sponsor packages I get the
> previous version (e.g. the one in the Debian archives), "dget -x" the
> new version and diff them (kdiff3) to find out what has changed.
>
> > > Automated archiving of uploaded packages (last I checked, there were
> > > still some packages on mentors/sponsor-pkglist that have been
> > > uploaded) - 2 examples are paris-traceroute and monotone
> >
> > This depends on the definition of 'archiving'. It would be nice to
> > have the package deleted from m.d.n when it is uploaded so maintainers
> > are able to choose the package sponsor's status (e.g. when looking for
> > a sponsor).
>
> That's done already. If m.d.n detects that a package is uploaded (by
> monitoring the debian-devel-changes mailing list) then the
> maintainer/sponsoree gets an email and the package is removed. The only
> exception is when package versions differ - then the maintainer is
> informed but the package is kept.

I can tell you that it doesn't works as expected, you can take a look at:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/ffmpeg-php/
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/kgb/
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/php-adodb/

Those three are already in Debian and I never received a notification.

> > > I can view the diff.gz files in my browser
> > >
> > > Can mark comments as 'advocating an upload'
> >
> > By the way, is there any way to make sure that the person marking a
> > comment as 'advocating an upload' is really a DD (or in REVU's case
> > UD, if that's how they call them :-/ )
>
> Two things that make a DD a DD are the PGP/GPG keyring membership and
> the @debian.org address. So if DDs hat to sign up at m.d.n they could
> get a confirmation email sent to their @debian.org address.

Ok

> > > Unpacked source trees
> >
> > I think it is easier to download the package files and check
> > everything in the local computer than browsing every single file with
> > a web browser. Otherwise I would expect the online file viewer to have
> > syntax colouring and that kind of things.
>
> I wouldn't want to hack that together really.

That's exactly what I tough. I personally don't think it is any useful
to be able to browse the whole source tree in the browser. But of
course DD's and other maintainers may have different opinions.