Re: Change in my sponsorship requirements

Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> -=| Charlie, 17.07.2007 00:04 |=-
>> Ondrej Certik wrote:
>>> uploads it to the NEW queue with a version 0.6.0-1, but it
>>> waits
> there
>>> for a month, but I need updates of my package now, so I create
>>> versions 0.6.0-1oc1, 0.6.0-1oc2, ..., and when the package hits
>>>  unstable, I just create a new changelog entry 0.6.0-2 and ask
>>> the sponsor for upload.
>
>> As a non DD I believe this is what I will start doing.  As my
>> package sets in NEW I have accumulate several bug fixes from
>> upstream (which were gathered independent of BTS), not to mention
>> a few minor packaging mistakes that I have made and my DD sponsor
>> did not catch (typo's mainly) this way I can stay on top of
>> things and I don't miss anything while the package sets in NEW.
>> Thanks for the idea
>
> Ondrej, Charlie,
>
> You can also ask for sponsor for -2, even while -1 is in NEW. This
> won't "disturb" the package for sure. The first version in unstable
> would simply be -2. For example, see console-setup having two
> versions in NEW[1].
>
> [1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html
>
> This feature is especially useful when you find serious problems
> with -1 that could make it rejected.
Thank you very much for the information I did not know that,  I will
get started on  -2 right away.   I have a  problem that I'm not sure
how to fix.   The package I have in NEW is 3.3.3.2-1 I had to remove
some window support files (.dll and .exe) from the orig.tar.gz and
reading through the debian manuals I noticed that the package should
have been 3.3.3.2-dfsg-1.  I have placed a list of all the files
removed in README.Debian.  Should I package it as 3.3.3.2-dfsg-1 or
3.3.3.2.dfsg-2 since this is actually the second debian version?